Saturday, November 10, 2012

Easy Chicken Parmesan

I've been horribly uninspired lately, especially when it comes to food.  I just haven't felt like making anything to eat when I get home from a long day at work followed by the gym.  Last week, dinner consisted of a half a stick of pepperoni, some pretzels, and a beer.  Until I ran out of pepperoni and beer.  Then it was just pretzels and water.  Finally, I'd had enough!  I was determined to make something, just so long as it was simple.  And so I bring to you a recipe for easy chicken parm.  For this recipe, you'll need chicken breasts, Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, shredded mozzarella cheese, marina sauce, and an egg.
Easy!
I'm not even going to give you measurements on the ingredients, since it's really all dependent on how you like your chicken parm.  Now, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and grease a pan big enough for however much chicken you're cooking.  I made one, so I used my 8x8 pan.  Put your egg in a bowl and beat it and put your bread crumbs in another bowl.  I recommend making a little assembly line for your chicken to go down.
In case you weren't sure what a chicken parm assembly line might look like.
Dip your chicken breast in the egg, then toss it in the bread crumb bowl to get it nice and coated.  I then stick it back in the egg and give it another go in the bread crumbs, but if yours is good to go after the first trip through, that's fine.  Now put it in the pan and stick it in the oven!
What bread crumb-coated chicken might look like.
Bake this sucker for 20 minutes.  Take it out of the oven, pour however much marinara sauce you like on it, and cover it with mozzarella cheese.  Remember, I am a firm believer that you can never have too much cheese.
Maybe it needs some more cheese...
Stick this back in the oven for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.  Serve this with some pasta and BAM!  You've got yourself a really easy and tasty dinner!
And don't forget the beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment