Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo (done the easy way)

I've been kind of remiss in posting things this summer, due to a killer combination of the awful southern summer heat and the fact that my apartment isn't climate controlled.  I've got a couple of window units, but the kitchen has been around 90 degrees for the last month or so, which makes it awfully difficult to motivate myself to cook anything.  This weekend was a little bit cooler (it was only 87 degrees in my kitchen!) so I decided I'd try something pretty easy: chicken and broccoli alfredo.  There's not much actual cooking involved and it makes enough leftovers to give me lunch for most of the rest of the week.  All you need for this is a rotisserie chicken, broccoli, a couple of jars of alfredo sauce, and a box of pasta.
Cut up your broccoli into bite-sized pieces and boil it for about 5 minutes.  Shred up your chicken and add that, the cooked broccoli, and the alfredo sauce to a large pan.
Warm all this up over low to medium heat until it all heated through.  While you're doing that, go ahead and cook the pasta as directed on the box.  Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pot.  As soon as your sauce is hot, pour it over the pasta in the pot and stir it all up so it's nicely mixed.
And that's it!  The sauce might seem like you've got too much, but if you plan on having a lot of leftovers and you don't have the extra sauce, your pasta will be kind of dry when you reheat it.  And having made this many many times before, I can tell you it does make for good leftovers.
That's it for this quick recipe.  Stay tuned for next time when I make homemade brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment