Saturday, September 24, 2011

Welcome to the Blog!

Hi there!  This is my first time blogging, which is kind of exciting.  I plan on using this blog mostly to write up reviews of whatever I'm reading/watching/listening to, along with general musings on whatever shiny thing catches my attention at the moment.  I'm a big ol' geek, so that's what most of the focus is going to be on. 

As for a bit about myself, I'm a librarian in southeastern Virginia, a job which I (usually) love.  Part of my job is being the selector for the science fiction/fantasy/horror books and graphic novels, which helps me keep up with what's new in geeky literature and ensures I have a to-read pile that I'll never finish getting through.  I'm from Northern New York (basically take I-81 N as far as you can and stop just before hitting Canada) and miss the area a lot, especially in the fall.  I also like to bake.  I'm pretty good at it, too, though my decorating skills tend to leave something to be desired.

I guess that's probably about it for this post.  As I go along, the exact nature of my geeky (and even sometimes not-so-geeky!) tastes should become apparent.  Stay tuned for my first book review coming up later today (unless I stay out too late playing Rock Band and eating pizza; then it'll be tomorrow).  In the meantime, feel free to leave comments, such as encouragement, things you'd like to me review, "you're blog is bad and you should feel bad!", etc.

3 comments: