Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nutella Knots

I've had a request!  Thursday my sister sent me an email telling me about these Nutella Knots that her friend Amy (purple dress) makes and asked if I would kindly make them and post the results (and yes, she referred to her as "Amy (purple dress)" with no picture or context.  Therefore, that is how she shall be referred to here (I figured out (all on my own!) a while later that she was referring to the fact that Amy (purple dress) wore a purple bridesmaid dress at her wedding)).  Anyway, I had taken the day off Thursday and needed something to bring to a friend's house later that evening, so this seemed perfect!
For this recipe, you'll need: 2 cans of crescent roll dough; Nutella.  Somewhat fewer ingredients than the recipe I made last week.
Yup, this is all you need.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and grease a mini-muffin pan.  Pop open one of the crescent roll cans and spread out the dough, keeping the other one in the fridge until you're ready to use it.
See all those seams in that picture up there?  You're going to want to pinch the dough to close those so it's all one piece.
Spread a thin layer of Nutella on top of the dough.
Cut the dough into twelve strips.  Now here's where things get a little tricky.  The recipe that my sister sent me from Amy (purple dress) just says to "twist the nutella and dough strip together and place in a mini-muffin pan".  I have no idea in what way I'm supposed to be twisting these things, so here's what I ended up doing: First, kind of twist it around so the nutella is (mostly) inside the dough.
Like so.
Then, roll that up, so it looks kind of like a snail shell.
Thusly.
Now just put that into your mini-muffin pan.  I eventually got sick of doing it this way since it does get super messy, so I also did about half of them just rolling the strips up kind of like a jelly roll. 

Once you're done with this first can of crescent roll dough, get out the other one and do the same thing.  You'll wind up with 24 of these little guys.
Bake them for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.  Let them cool for a couple minutes and remove them from the pan.
So how did they taste?  Holy crap, they were fantastic.  I tried one just to make sure I wasn't going to be bringing something horrible over to my friend's house and was then very sad I'd given up sweet stuff for Lent.  Especially when I then had to smell them in the car all the way to Virginia Beach.  I will definitely be making these again (probably on Easter).

Have a recipe you want me to try making?  Let me know!  It saves me trying to come up with something on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment